On this page, we will introduce you to your workspace and walk you through the process of responding to your customers' requests.
Open JIRA Service Desk in your web browser. Take a few minutes to become familiar with the layout:
1 - Find your customer issues
The Queues tab displays issues filed by your customers. These issues appear in the order as configured by your service desk administrator.
2 - Become familiar with how your customers see the service desk
The Customer Portal link lets you see and interact with your service desk from a customer's perspective.
3 - Search for service desk users
The People tab is where you search for a customer in your service desk project and see how many issues each of your agents is working on in case issues need to be redistributed.
4 - Track your performance
The Reports and SLAs tabs display your team's work against the expected response and resolution times of customer requests as set by your administrator.
Work on customer issues고객 이슈 작업하기
Your administrator has already set up customized queues to help organize incoming customer requests. Please contact your administrator if you need to change a queue's configuration or add a new queue.
- Click the Queues tab.
- You will see the preconfigured queues set up by your administrator. Click My queue to see the customer issues that have been assigned to you.
- When you see the issue you need to work on, click the issue's Summary or Key to review the customer's request.
- In addition to being able to edit and comment on a request, you can view a list of actions from the More menu. Hover over each action to display a brief explanation:
- Review the issue and perform the needed task (e.g. grant the customer wi-fi access). Then click the Respond to Customer button to type your response and preview it.
- Use the Internal comment tab to write your own note or to include another colleague on the issue by using the "@ mention" feature (type @username) and writing your comment:
- Attach a file by clicking the More menu at the top of the issue and selecting Attach.
- To ensure that the customer sees the attachment, right click on the attachment to copy link address and paste the link into a comment surrounded by square brackets as follows: [description of attachment|attachment link]. Click preview to confirm the attachment link has copied correctly:
The customer receives a notification of your response via email and can then respond directly through that email channel or by following the link to your service desk's Customer Portal. Once the customer's request is completed, you can click the Resolved button to close the issue and the issue will disappear from your queue.
If your administrator has linked your service desk with a Confluence space, you can capture your response as a knowledge base article. You can then easily reference this article when responding to a similar issue in the future. KB articles will also appear in the Customer Portal, directing customers to relevant information before they even finish submitting their requests.
- Click the Create KB article to enter the primary problem/desired outcome (or page title) and select the page template (How-To).
- Fill out the How-To template and save the page in Confluence. You will see that your issue is linked to this article for future reference.
Nice work! Want to learn more? Proceed to the JIRA Service Desk documentation home linked below.