After creating Service Desk for existing projects, old issues created before the Service Desk creation date were not converted to Service Desk requests.
Request type is not specified
JIRA Service Desk requests are JIRA issues that:
- Are in a JIRA Service Desk enabled project.
- Have a valid Customer Request Type (or Request Type / Service Desk Request Type).
Currently JIRA Service Desk doesn't convert the existing issues to requests automatically. The improvement ticket is tracked over here: - JSD-55이슈 세부사항 가져오는 중... 상태 . There is also a feature request to
Convert issues to JIRA Service Desk requests by adding request types.
Determine what issues do not have request types.
Obtain proper format for request types from the database.
Add request type to affected issues using JIRA Suite Utilities. The steps below will need to be performed for each request type.
Third party add-on required
Run the following JQL in the advanced search within JIRA:
- Install the third party add-on JIRA Suite Utilities.
The database query below will return the results of the project key and the request type.
Query syntax formatting may need to be adjustedThe syntax above is written for Postgres. It may need to be adjusted for other database engines.
- Go to the workflow used by the affected project.
- Create a temporary transition named "Set Customer Request Type" and map to the same status (or any other status you prefer).
- In the transition, go to the Post Function tab.
Add a post function Update Custom Field with following values:
- Save the workflow or publish the draft.
- Run the following JQL in Advanced Search: Replace XXX with your prefer project. For better result, include the issuetype to ensure the issues set to the right request type.
- In Issue Navigator, choose
Tools >> Bulk Operation.
- From the list of operations, select "Transition Issues".
- Select the transition "Set Customer Request Type"
- Finish the operation.
- The temporary transition can be removed from the workflow after the operation is completed.