In JIRA Service Desk 1.2, we're making it easy to show your customers only what they need to see: you can keep your service desk team members using JIRA Service Desk and your customers working in the Customer Portal. In addition, we're making it easy for you to give all your users the right permissions according to their role in your team.
Finally, this release introduces the ability to create SLA times that are less than an hour so you can set SLAs that match your exact processes.
February 10, 2014
Restrict users to the Customer Portal
- Customers can now log in directly through the Customer Portal to submit requests - they won't even know they are using JIRA!
- You can hide the information your team uses (internal statuses, fields, and SLAs) so only you and your service desk team members will see it. Your customers never will.
Customers can also self-service through the Customer Portal by updating their user details (such as name, email address, avatar, etc.); your JIRA user directory will be automatically updated with their changes.
Standard permission scheme
- With this release, JIRA Service Desk makes it easy to set up your team to work in your service desk. You can now assign your users to JIRA Service Desk-specific roles, which are designed to support the way most service desk teams are set up: administrators, service desk team members, and your service desk customers.
- When you assign people to these roles, JIRA Service Desk will automatically grant the permissions they'll need for their tasks.
- You can use the new People tab to assign users to roles. You can also use this tab to see, at a glance, which areas of JIRA Service Desk users have access to, depending on their role.
- If you have existing service desk projects and upgrade to 1.2, you can easily adopt the new permission scheme by going to the People tab and following the migration prompts.
- You can now create SLA goals with measurements in minutes for those super-critical requests!
- You can migrate to the standard JIRA Service Desk permission scheme by going to the new People tab and following the prompts. Your JIRA Service Desk projects will not be migrated to this permission scheme automatically.
- Support for JIRA Service Desk is now limited to JIRA 6.0 and later. This allows us to provide world class support for JIRA Service Desk, deliver bug fixes as quickly as possible, and to take full advantage of the features continually being released in JIRA.