STEP 5 OF 5
The customers you have added to your service desk project can file requests in two ways. They can log in and file a request via the Customer Portal or send an email to an email address that you have linked to this service desk project. Let's finish setting up the Customer Portal and add an email channel so your customers can take advantage of both communication methods.
Customer 포털의 테마와 브랜드명 커스터마이즈
You can now rename your Customer Portal and add a logo so customers can quickly associate this service desk with your team and company when they log in to file a request.
- From the Settings tab, click Portal settings.
- Add your Customer Portal name and introduction text by typing in the outlined fields:
- Click Theme and branding
- Select the "Customize theme" option
- Right click the sample image below to download it to your computer. You can then click the "Choose logo" button to upload this image to your Customer Portal:
- Click Save.
- Click Customer Portal to view your changes from the customer view:
In addition to filing requests through the Customer Portal, customers can have the option of opening requests and communicating with your agents via email (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Set up an email channel to enable this second communication option.
- In the Settings tab, click Email settings.
- Email requests will be default be set to "Off" so click the Turn it on button:
- Select your email service provider and enter the email account login credentials as requested.
- Look out for the test email that will be sent to your email inbox and the corresponding request that will be created in your service desk project.
service desk 공개하기
Now that your service desk project is ready to receive requests, you can share the service desk email address (e.g. email@example.com) and a direct link to the Customer Portal with your customers.
You can give one or both of the following URLs to your customers.
- The URL to a specific portal as appeared in your service desk. You'd give this URL to your customers if you've enabled public signup and want them to signup for accounts. The signup link only appears on each individual portal.
To copy the URL of a portal, click the Customer Portal link again if you closed the above window. Your Customer Portal URL will be displayed above your new logo.
- The URL to the global portal where your customers will see all the service desks they have access to.
The URL is:
You can choose to:
- Post a link on your intranet
- Add a hyperlinked button to your web portal
- Email your customers and let them know about the new, easy way to get help!
Congrats! Your service desk project is now complete.
You can now continue on to learn about 1) how your customers will use your service desk and 2) more advanced tips that will help you better manage your customer requests and team workloads.